GIDS Graphic Design Online Course
Acquire practical skills and become a knowledgeable Graphic Designer in a few weeks.
Watch Promo Enrol in Course
Are you following tutorials, googling & downloading apps to learn how to
BECOME A GRAPHIC DESIGNER?
GIDS can teach you all you need to know within this online course!
Do you dream of becoming a Graphic Designer? Do you want to expand your knowledge and skill set to get a promotion at work? Even considering a career change?
The GIDS Graphic Design Online Course is perfect for you!
This 24-week online course is designed for people who either work full-time or prefer to study in their own time. Here at GIDS you will not only learn the basic building blocks of design but also acquire practical skills to become a knowledgeable Graphic Designer!
After completing this course, you'll have your own:
I grew up in Nelspruit South Africa and graduated with a honours degree in Graphic Design at North West University. For the next two years I traveled all over the world, doing freelance as I go. When I returned to South Africa, I accepted a lecturing position at a private university were I taught undergrad graphic design students for over nine years. All designers know it is important to stay updated with new trends and technology, so I chose to keep doing freelance work while lecturing full-time.
My advice to students: ‘It is never too late to change”.
"I have been blessed to have Shani as my mentor. Thank you for paving the path for my future. I will always speak highly of you".
The main focus at GIDS is practical, applicable, real life skills. We prepare you to enter the creative industry armed with some of the strongest advantages. After completion of the course you will be able to:
- Conceptualise and design your own Brand and Corporate Identity
- Be proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Show good understanding of design principles and colour theory
- Understand the design process from beginning to final presentation
- Have knowledge of different design printing and binding technique
|What you can expect||Do not expect|
|Multi-media, hands-on, course content||Long lectures & loads of theory|
|A course designed to fit your lifestyle||Formal class times & rigid deadlines|
|Social networking with student all over the world||To feel isolated & anonymous|
|One-on-one support & motivation||Us to give up on you|
|Affordable payment plans||To cost you an arm and a leg|
The next intake for the 24 week GIDS Graphic Design Cours is: 5 March 2018.
Get started now!
How does the GIDS Graphic Design Online Course work?
- Register: Once you are registered you will get log-in details for the GIDS website.
- Course Outline: From there you can download the Course Outline and Schedule. The Course Outline gives more detailed about GIDS Graphic Design Online course.
- Course Schedule: The Course Schedule gives you all the dates, topics and deadlines. You will receive the first topic on the date indicated.
- Topics: Each one of the 9 topics consist of a background and theory component.
- Website: GIDS interactive website offers online exercises and tests to help you understand the basics of each topic.
- Exercises: After completing the exercises you will be given a practical project, what designers referred to as a ‘brief’. The briefs gives you the opportunity to apply everything you learned about a specific topic.
- The brief: Your lecturer will guide you through the briefs step by step. Feel free to contact her any time during business hours via e-mail or text.
- Time frame: Each brief must be completed within a certain timeframe before you can proceed to the next topic.
- Upload work: All exercises and Briefs can be done and uploaded on the web or e-mailed. All the briefs compiled together will make up your portfolio, an essential item needed for job interviews.
"Thank you for giving us one-on-one attention, helping to solve our design problems to create better and more dynamic designs while bringing that added kick to our work as a whole. It is your teaching style that encouraged me to ask questions about my designs, and expand my mind as you steered me in the right direction"
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!